Pet Foods - A Clean Label Deep Dive
Headlines tell the story. “Human food trends driving pet food product innovation” —PETFOOD INDUSTRY.COM
Who are these Clean Label pet owners? How does the industry understand and deliver specifically what they want?
We asked pet owners in our Clean Label Enthusiast Community about their attitudes, habits, and priorities for providing their pets with "Clean" foods and treats. We found many insights to share regarding what they regard as safe, natural, and high quality.
Find the Case Study here
Also, view the webinar where you’ll learn:
- Thoughts and beliefs of Clean Label pet owners
- Attributes that are most important in products and Clean Labels
- Why they trust and mistrust products/brands
- Ingredients seen as Clean or Not Clean
- Claims that resonate well or are suspect to buyers
- Trends to watch in the future
For a business strategy to suceed, it must shake up the status quo and disrupt consumer behavior habits.
We found that marketers and innovators can influence or change consumer habits in three ways:
1. Target moments and routines, not people, to create upstream value
2. Translate ideas into products that offer better rewards to the consumer through effective de-sign
3. Reinforce new habits through a more holistic approach to your marketing mix
This is the foundation of InsightsNow's BehaviorLens Approach®.
Co-Creation is a iterative approach in Innovation and Product Development phases with consumer insights and innovation teams. It combines qualitative sessions and quantitative feed-back to developers to refine a product concept and jump start prototype development. It speeds bringing the right products to success in the market.
Truly understanding the consumer emotions about the ingredients—beyond “likes and dislikes”— enables development teams to creatively design ingredient cues that tells consumers the product will truly deliver the emotional impact promised by the brand.
Tap the power of your consumers' fast decision by understanding the benefits your product cues signal to buyers and optimizing them for the moments of product use.
Translate product benefits into design elements that increase your products' success in market.